Cecilia's secretland

Cecilia's secretland

Friday, January 11, 2013

♥~My Little Tutees~♥



For the past month,I'd been spending my evening being a part time tutor in a tuition center which is called Alambestari Learning Center...


& yesterday which was Thursday,10/1 was my last day working at there... 


Don't feel like quitting as i really love what i was doing all along,teaching the kids,helping them in their homework...


But i just don't have a choice....Going to start my degree life next Monday & i've got a Grade 7 piano exam waiting ahead for me, just another few more months to prepare.... 


I don't think i can cope with my study,my piano exam & my work at the same time unless there is 36 hours in a day which is impossible... :(


So.....guess quitting was the right call to make... :(


Going to mention some of my favorite tutees here just in case i forget about them in the future  


Firstly.....


Haha... Woo Kok Choong... Standard 4...

He is the 1st student that came in the door on my 1st day of work...

My 1st impression of him was :So cute!!! Chubby,baby fat,fair skin...& he looks like a cartoon character!!! But i couldn't figure out which cartoon character it was...

There was 1 day,most of the students had gone home already,left only a few of them who hadn't finished their homework...

He was still in the class too & i was sitting in front of him,watching him doing his exercise...

An image of Popeye just suddenly flashed into my mind & i was like:" Hey..i finally know what cartoon character do you look like !!! Its Popeye!!! "

Then i started singing:" the Popeye the sailorman,bubu...the Popeye the sailorman,bubu..."

His face was a combination of shy & speechless...haha...

He said:"Jiejie,why are you so childish one...So grown up already still so childish...."

I didn't care & just continued singing the Popeye's song,haha...

Even begged him to let me take some pictures of him & he said yes which was out of my expectation... :o




Haha...adorable!!!!!!   

But then when i reached home & thought clearly...found out it wasn't Popeye that he looks like, it was the master of the pink dog in "Courage The Cowardly Dog"...


This one this one... :$    But of course my little tutee is the chubbier & cuter version :$

So start from that day,i called him Popeye instead of his real name,haha...

He found it embarrassing & not allowed i said a word to the others,so this nickname was just between the 2 of us...

Whenever i attempted to call him Popeye in front of everyone,he would get really nervous then tried to shush me...
Haha,what an evil tutor 

He did his homework quite slow one,so he was always the last one to leave...

There was 1 time,i leaned my head on the table,waiting for him to finish his work...

Out of a sudden, he hummed a lullaby to me,haha...

Then only i realized i almost fell asleep there...Luckily his singing woke me up :S

That instant was so cute & sweet... Love how he sang to me :$

A 9 years old kid sang a lullaby to a 19 years old teen,Chai Yee Voon reflect on yourself please  

He knew i was leaving & he kept nagging me to teach him more...

On Wednesday,when he was waiting for the next tuition class,we chatted & took pictures together...

Just as i stood up & was about to go home,he stopped me & asked me to go into his class later...

I wished too but it wasn't my decision to make,whether or not to go in his class :(

He began to raise his voice & even said :" You don't go home 1st please,i'll commit suicide if you go!!!"   Haha,kids....

When i opened the door & readied to step outside,i heard him shouting to another tutor :" Jiejie left already larr!!!!!! "

Plus he got scolded by the most experienced tutor those days because he just couldn't stop coming to the next table to find me,ask me questions which he didn't understand instead of sitting still in his seat & asking the tutor who was in charged of him...

I was more than willing to teach him of course but felt guilty at the same time as i was the reason that he got scolded... :(


On the left, Wong Kar Lok.... On the right, Justin Yue... Both also Standard 4... 

Haha, & Wong Kar Lok was the big fat bully that i had mentioned in my post before...

I used to dislike him & scared of him as he was indeed a rebellious & naught student...

Mr Justin too...Both of them always tend to be impolite & disrespectful to me...

It was like i was the new toy & they just simply fooled me around.... :s

I didn't give up though,i put in a lot of patience even myself was surprise that i was capable of being so tolerate & patiently enduring their behaviors... 

I think i got something in return at last even though i never dreamed or asked for one... 

I thought they would bully me till the end of my working days but it turned out they now like me a lot,how touching... :') 

Big fat bully was no longer a bully & he even cared about me...
Miracles do happen...
  
Sometimes when i was thinking whether or not to continue teaching them,he spotted me & asked why did i look so sad...

"Jiejie,you fall out love already ? Why look so sad ? You're hungry only is it ? Go buy some junk foods larr... "

Haha...i always tell them whenever i feel hungry & they already knew that i would start getting hungry at a certain time,like 5 something pm...

Now..they got a new nickname for me,they called me bitter gourd face jiejie,haha....

Means i always look upset & bitter like bitter gourd,haha... :p

Furthermore,big fat bully saw me buying snacks on Wednesday & :"Jiejie don't buy snacks,buy sandwish...Eat snack won't be full enough one,buy sandwish..."

So touching larr my dear big fat bully :'(

& actually those snacks were for later when i watched drama at home one,not for filling up my stomach :$ 

On my last day of working,before he went home,he purposely came to me & said goodbye :" Jiejie my grandpa came already,byebye..."

Love them 

Ok...next.....


This little girl whose name is Goh Shu Wei... Standard 2...

Cute isn't she.... So tiny & skinny,feel very protective over her :$

During my last week there,she asked me the same question almost everyday...

"Jiejie when are you leaving ? "   "This Thursday..."

"Why do you wanna leave ? "      "Because i have to study too,just like you..."

"So when are you coming back? During your holiday? "    

"Maybe...Maybe won't come back anymore..." with a sad tone...

"Huh...." with a sigh.....


This is her sister,Goh Shu En... Standard 4... 

A polite & hardworking girl... :)

Both of them are very obedient & always do their works quietly one...

Wish them growing up being a good girl with a nice personality & a pretty face :)



Mr Joshua Yue,Justin's younger brother... Standard 2...

This fellow is abit lazy,haha...but he did finish the exercises all the time...

He didn't talk much like his brother,a cool kid...  

& he once threw tantrum on me because he was so unwillingly doing his maths...

Then i was the one who gave him puppy dog eyes,asked him don't be grumpy & helped him to erase the mistakes that he had made as he was too lazy to even use the eraser  ==

A tickle of amused just rushed through me as i think it back...

Like i was the one who did something wrong :S


Little Eva.... Standard 3...

She used to keep long hair but then she cut them off during the holiday...

Can see that this girl is really clever...

She always finished doing the homework given within a short period of time & most of her works were correct one...

There was still other tutees that i like very much but didn't have the chance to take picture of them...

Besides,i've got some tiny leaving gifts for them before i left...

For your information,i have absolutely zero sense of art & it was the 1st time that i handmade something like this,so.....it explained the ugliness of it :$

Already tried my best with the limited time provided :$

It surprised me that my friends came & asked me to make one for them too after seeing this picture on fb....

It made me feel so nice & heart-warming because at least there's people know to appreciate my hard work despite the appearance of it :$ 
Haha...but this is specially for my V.I.P only  

Gonna miss my children (sounds wrong but i don't care :$ ) & it was my pleasure to meet some nice colleagues there : Ting Yan,Yao Siang,Suet Err (i think i spelled wrong their names ) & another guy whose name i forgot already :$

Feel guilty for him as he already knew my name the 1st few days we taught the kids together & now i can't even recall whether i forgot his name or i never knew what his name is :$

Lastly,wish me a nice starting of my degree life... =)
  



Love,






1 comment:

  1. you just look like same age with them ahaha

    ReplyDelete